Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another good reason to be in a relationship...

We went to a BBQ recently for lunch. It was 2 of my friend's birthdays so we decided that we would have lunch to celebrate. Each of us said we would bring a salad and I was designated potato salad maker, completely unfairly..I wasn't even there when it was all planned. However unfair, I googled (I heard it's a verb now) 'potato salad recipe'. I have been a potato salad eater for a very long time, but generally someone else had made it or it came in a lovely plastic container from Woolworths.
So, I printed off two different recipes and armed with these, Mr Y and I hit the shops. I had every intention of buying the mayo and putting in all sorts of herbs, but down the same aisle in a pretty little jar was 'Potato Salad Dressing', so we cheated. I came home, boiled potatoes and so I didn't feel totally useless I diced one red onion to put in the salad. It looked really good and a taste test, well it was indeed a potato salad.
I was pretty satisfied with it but driving to my friend's house I suddenly thought what if no one eats the salad? I didn't want my salad to look bad, so I leaned over to Mr Y and told him that he was responsible for eating the bowl or at least half of the bowl of my potato salad. And so he didn't feel that the idea was totally ridiculous, I gave him the name of my salad buddy. He laughed at me.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure everyone liked yur salad...didnt they..? u were getting panicked for nothing..potato salad dressing is a sure saver..

    ReplyDelete