Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Helpful Mr Y

I have had a cassette stuck in my car radio for months now. Yes, I still have a cassette radio in my car. Awhile ago when my mum was borrowing my car, she decided to listen to some 'Hottest Hits Volume 1' and well somehow the tape got stuck. Since then we have not been able to listen to the radio at all, so I have been forced to entertain Mr Y with my singing. I am not sure if this is the reason but last night Mr Y decided he would try and fix it.

All was going okay until he had to take apart a large piece of my dash board to remove the radio. Now I love him, but I have to admit that I did not have complete faith in his ability. All was going well until he brought my radio inside and was poking and proding it trying to get the tape out. He then informs me that we can never listen to another cassette again oh and he may have stopped the radio from working aswell.

So...the reason you're trying to fix it would be???

So there he was trying really hard to get the tape out and to my surprise, it worked. My car was in bits but at least the tape was out =). He then went back to the car, put the radio back in and reassembled the dash. He then could not get the face back onto the radio. He used all sorts of things to push it back on. He then tried something else and it snapped in two...I was fine with it being something useless, however what did Mr Y use?...my car key.

No radio and no way to get to work tomorrow. Luckily mum had a spare key and I was able to get her copy this morning before work. The radio went back in without a face on it, possibly never to work again.

Right now Mr Y is outside fixing the radio, my dash is off but the radio once again has a face.

Mr Y has just walked in...job done AND I now have a working radio.

I wonder what he would do if I decided to play some hottest hits...?

No comments:

Post a Comment